- Not correctly supporting the Implied "n" Optimization. Although the n object is not a listed property in documentation it is displayed in the testing tool. The Implied "n" Optimization does not work on http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard1.htm
Kavi Goel asked for feedback on early version of a testing tool to allow webmasters to check that their markup is being correctly parsed by Google for use in Rich Snippets. The uf-discuss mailing list Thursday 27 Aug 2009.
A couple of points about current support:
- Currently Rich Snippets supports hCard, hReview, hReview-aggregate, and hProduct. Other microformats may not be recognized by the tool.
- Google does not currently support the include pattern.
Testing tool: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
So following lists current found issues
- Properties not listed as supported but shown in testing tool results. A number of properties are not listed as supported in documentation yet are parsed by the testing tool. These inculde role, uid, n, tel, email, url, category see http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard1.htm and http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard2.htm
- No support for two adr properties. Two of the child properties of adr, post-office-box and extended-address do not return values. See http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard2.htm
- No support for honorific-prefix. The child property of n, honorific-prefix does not return a value. See http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard4.htm
- Displays email property in results without value. The test tool display that it has found an email but does not return a value. See See http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard6.htm
- Part support for tel property. The test tool displays the value of a tel property, but not its type. See See http://ufxtract.com/testsuite/hcard/hcard13.htm