hAtom Examples in the Wild
The following sites have implemented hAtom, and thus are a great place to start for anyone looking for examples "in the wild" to try parsing, indexing, organizing etc. If your site marked up with hAtom, feel free to add it o the top of this list. Please check back after a few days, to see if anyone has found any problems with the examples supplied.
0.1 hAtom examples
-  a Canadian political blog, uses hAtom for blog posts and list of blog posts, however also offers a feedburner RSS feed.
- Blog Summary is a WordPress plugin from plaintxt.org that generates a semantic list of recent entries in hAtom. By Scott Allan Wallick.
- YiGG (a german social-news community) Marks up all there Pages with stories using hAtom.
- Dance Federation Salsa Dancing & Jive Dancing Lessons and Events Directory for classes, lessons and events users hatom for its news page and generating rss.
- Kakkoi - combine hAtom (i.e., xFolk RC1, hreview, hAtom) for blog posts and comments.
- VibeReview uses hAtom for sex toy reviews and articles (no nudity, but still maybe NSFW). Two feeds can be found on the homepage.
- Linux Infusion uses hAtom for blog posts and comments.
- Joseph Bergantine has used hAtom to mark up blog posts, article lists, and comments
- MicroReviews marks up each review with hAtom 0.1 so that every page can be a feed. See the home page or 5-Star Reviews
- LocalHero (localhero dot biz) A local search which returns it search results in hatom (as well as other microformats).
- forestk's blog uses hAtom (note it is Japanese!)
- Niall Kennedy's Weblog features hAtom on every page. includes comments.
- WebOrganics - Has hAtom feeds on every page.
- Reprise - A minimal blog application which uses hAtom out of the box.
- BBC World Service Bangladesh River Journey a social network mashup, with hAtom entries & other microformats. See Dharmafly blog discussion.
- People Magazine uses hAtom to markup the latest news stories.
- Istituto Nazionale Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Bologna implemented hAtom entries with embedded rel-tags for categories in its news-page (custom template for MODx CMS).
- ITVP uses hAtom for entries. See Wojtek's announcement 2007-09-28.
- Shifting Pixel uses hAtom for blog posts and comments.
- LazyLibrary uses hAtom on book results pages.
- Find Substance Blog uses hAtom for blog posts.
- Announcement on Blogger Dev that all new blogs will have hAtom classes
- Creation design & marketing uses hAtom for a lot of the content as well as comments on articles.
- The Sandbox Designs Competition uses hAtom for all content, hCard for participant (the competition designers) and sponsor information, hCalendar for the competition schedule, XFN for links, and rel-license for licensing information. It's all GNU GPL.
- guyleech.net uses hAtom for blog posts, and uses hCard for contact information. There is also an article on how to minimise hAtom, to save time and code.
- Dmytro Shteflyuk uses hAtom for all blog posts.
- Florian Beer uses hAtom to mark up all the blog posts. There is also a tutorial on how to convert WordPress themes to include hAtom.
- Ficlets uses hAtom on the main stories page and on individual story pages.
- UNT International uses hAtom combined with hCard on news/announcement pages (e.g., the main news page) in addition to providing traditional Atom feeds
- Absalom Media uses hAtom combined with hCard for articles.
- Joomla! Melbourne User Group uses hAtom combined with hCard for articles.
- Volume - Main news page is marked up as hAtom 0.1
- Yedda - Yedda support hAtom on exploration of questions where there is also support for Atom and RSS feeds. (example)
- The West Midland Bird Club's frequently-updated What's New page, news from its Ladywalk Reserve and news from Grimley Pits — comments welcome on my talk page Andy Mabbett
- pixelsebi's repository uses hAtom 0.1 for blog posts (and hCard, hCalendar, XFN, xFolk and many more) based on manual WordPress template modifications
- qmpeople uses hAtom combined with hCard for blog.
- Geek in the Park uses hAtom for the comments. -- by trovster
- Sarven Capadisli uses hAtom for the articles and comments -- by csarven
- Capital University uses hAtom 0.1 to mark up the feed of latest posts by student bloggers on its home page.
- Ranting and Roaring (David Janes)
- ChunkySoup.net has redesigned using hAtom 0.1 and hCards on the entire site — by Chris Casciano
- Sedna RSS (a feed aggregator based on SPIP, by Fil, IZO and others; GPLd sources are available at SPIP-Zone)
- Scribbish is a Typo theme which uses hAtom.
- hAtom2Atom.xsl's Changelog is published as hAtom and Atom.
- federali.st's webbed Federalist Papers are each marked up in hAtom.
- Sandbox is a theme for WordPress that uses hAtom. By Scott Allan Wallick.
- Strangelove is a modification of the default WordPress theme (Kubrick) with hAtom support.
- It points to the hAtom2Atom proxy service as the link for syndication feeds.
- All plaintxt.org themes for WordPress now use hAtom. The themes are also coded for hCard compliance. The themes, by name, are:
- PATS Courses, the PATS Research Group uses hAtom to mark up the latest course documents for some of their courses
- Excite MIX, the Ajax Start Page from Excite Europe, uses hAtom 0.1 and hCard in the Feed Viewer to mark up feed entries and authors.
- Last.FM, a social music sharing platform, uses hAtom markup for shoutbox, and recommends using microformatic's transcode tool
- Vlog Razor - Contains multiple hAtom feeds on the same page.
Examples with some problems
Entries may be moved here if there's a problem with the way hAtom is used on the page concerned. If the page is yours, and you want to improve it, see the hAtom FAQ, or raise any queries on hAtom Issues or the mailing list, where people will be happy to help you.
Pre 0.1 hAtom examples
These pages conform to an older draft standard and need to be updated.
- Second p0st (Phil Pearson)
- h-entry - latest markup spec for Atom entries in HTML
- h-feed - brainstorm/experiment for feeds in HTML
- hAtom - the draft proposal.
- hAtom Cheatsheet - hAtom properties.
- hAtom Examples, in the Wild
- hAtom Hints - help for implementors.
- hAtom Issues - problems? complaints? ideas? Put them here.
- hAtom Brainstorming - active work on iterations toward the next version of hAtom
- hAtom FAQ - knowledge base.
- hAtom advocacy - encourage others to use hAtom.