Work in progress!
- 1 hAtom parsing
- 2 URL handling
- 3 Finding hAtom feeds/entries
- 4 Extracting feed elements
- 5 Extracting entry elements
- 6 Extracting tags
- 7 References
An hAtom parser may begin with a URL to retrieve.
If the URL lacks a fragment identifier, then the parser should parse the entire retrieved resource for hAtom feeds and hAtom entries.
If the URL has a fragment identifier, then the parser should parse only the node indicated by the fragment identifier and its descendants, looking for hAtom feeds and hAtom entries, starting with the indicated node, which may itself be a hAtom feed/entry.
Finding hAtom feeds/entries
- hAtom feeds are identified with the classname
- hAtom entries are identified by the classname
- if the document does not contain an element with the class name
hfeed, but does contain an element with the classname
hentry, the entire document should be treated as a feed
Extracting feed elements
Extracting entry elements
Use the first rel-design-pattern in the entry.
Use the same value as the entry link.