hCalendar Examples in the wild
This page is informative.
The following sites have implemented hCalendar, and thus are a great place to start for anyone looking for examples "in the wild" to try parsing, indexing, organizing etc. If events on your pages are marked up with hCalendar, feel free to add it to the top of this list.
Please add new examples to this section.
- Finetoothcog uses hCalendar to markup when bikes are stolen.
- Urban Body Men's Clothing uses hCalendar for business hours and hCard for business locations.
- The website of the Faculty of Computer Science, "A. I. Cuza" University Iaşi, Romania, uses hCalendar to markup events.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours uses hCalendar to markup events.
- Facebook use hCalendar to markup events.
- Newbury College UK uses a smattering of hCalendar and hCard
- 07.pagesd.info uses hCalendar and hCard to mark up events of the Ardèche département in France.
- Stephanie Booth announced the Bloggy Friday for October 2006 using hCalendar.
- The West Midland Bird Club, in the English Midlands, uses hCal (with nested hCard) on its diary of birding events.
- ComTec audience response systems' press releases use hCalendar as a method to organize by title and date.
- The Web Directions Conference (Sydney Australia) uses hCalendar for their program. It uses axis and headers for events in a table, and demonstrates how easy it is to make the whole thing downloadable using X2V.
- The Street Theatre (Canberra, Australia) now uses hCalendar for performances on its What's On page.
- Clackmannanshire Council uses hCalendar on its event diary listing pages and individual event pages.
- Calendarportal MarkThisDate.com now uses hCalendar for all calendars. On our website visitors can add calendars and download calendars to Outlook, Lotus Notes, iCal, Netvibes, 30Boxes, Google Calendar and many others. Over 600 calendars were already uploaded.
- mogue uses hCalendar at event detail pages.
- 2006 Nobel Conference uses hCalendar for the conference schedule
- Geek in the Park uses hCalendar for the event information. -- by trovster
- official site of Besançon (France) for its events
- Conference schedule for d.Construct 2006 is published using hCalendar.
- Yahoo Local now supports hCalendar
- We used hcalendar for the F’parade flyer 2006, a counter demonstration to the Love Parade in Berlin, alas the Firefox tails extension doesn't get a summary when it's an alt-text in an image.
- Harper Adams University College uses hCalendar to mark up all University events on the Homepage and Events Calendar page.
- Capital University uses hCalendar on multiple pages to provide feeds of events, relevant to page content
- The Session events uses hCalendar to mark up concerts, festivals and workshops related to Irish traditional music.
- ncl.rb uses hCalendar to mark up new meetings.
- World Cup KickOff where you can download and keep all the fixtures you are interested in so you will never miss a single game of the 2006 football World Cup!
- This link was on the Lifehackers site and made its way to the yahoo news site:
Mon May 22, 4:00 PM ET The World Cup, one of the world's most watched sporting events, is almost upon us. If you've ever tried to follow your favorite team through the Cup you know that it can sometimes be difficult to know when they're on. World Cup Kickoff can help.
World Cup KickOff is all you will ever need for knowing all the match details for the upcoming World Cup 2006. Whether you use your mobile phone, MS Outlook, Apple iCal or Mozilla Calendar, you can download and keep all the fixtures you are interested in so you will never miss a single game! ADVERTISEMENT
Next tip? We'll show you how to get up at 2 AM to watch your matches. ;0) Thanks to Tom for the tip!
- GROSSUG Calendar - Uses hCalendar to mark up meetings and other events.
- Web Analytics Association - hCalendar microformat is in place on all Tendenci sites on the calendar events search page and consolidated list page.
- Tendenci Calendar Events with hCalendar
- Web2.0 Conference in Dublin hCalendar event
- Meetup.com has marked up city event calendars, group event lists, and signed-in homepages with hCalendar.
- ukwindsurfing.com has marked upcoming events with hCalendar, and the events page in a table.
- ocono.com has marked up it's "Upcoming Events" list with hCalendar.
- Austin Bloggers has marked up their "Upcoming Events" box with hCalendar (announcement).
- Ning's cloneable Group app has hCalendar markup on its event calendar and event detail pages.
- Agenda: W3C Technical Plenary Day, March 1 2006 has hCard and hCalendar markup. (original here).
- The National Arbor Day Foundation has started using hCalendars for their upcoming conferences.
- State of Flux street art site has started adding events in hCalendar format
- The BarCamp home page lists upcoming BarCamps marked up with hCalendar and even has a "Subscribe..." link.
- 2006 W3C Technical Plenary Week has marked up the schedule and events for the week with hCalendar.
- code4lib Conference 2006 Schedule is marked up with hCalendar as announced on their blog.
- IEEE 754 Working Group - trying hCalendar for upcoming meetings.
- Elecciones 2005 Chile - the first spanish language hCalendar event found in the wild.
- Giocolando » No Creative Commons? No Party! is marked up with hCalendar
- CM Pros Events Calendar by Bob Doyle
- Midgard CMS Event calendar - as blogged by Henri Bergius
- Iowa Military Veterans Band Schedule - hCalendar markup added by Scott Reynen
- Upcoming events on Jason A.R. Moody Amusements Weblog posted by Jason Moody on 15 Oct 2005. His weblog in general has hCalendar events posted inside the blog posts.
- Syndicate - Tracks & Sessions
- Web 2.0 Conference schedule page marked up with hCalendar
- C'MON is a rock band from Canada, and their tour dates have been marked up by Ray Dickman with hCalendar.
- ifreebusy.com will display freebusy information using hCalendar. See this example.
- Web Essentials 05 has marked up their program schedule table with hCalendar, using the 'axis' and 'headers' attributes.
- ASDV Bonaparte is a Dutch debating society. Their events calendar has been marked up with the hCalendar conventions.
- Suw Charman has marked up her events with hCalendar.
- Blog Business Summit has published their event details marked up with hCalendar.
- Eventful.com publishes all events with hCalendar and venues with hCard. Took them only 15 minutes to implement both! Their Atom feeds also contain hCalendar/hCard.
- Upcoming.org publishes all events and lists of events with hCalendar. Took them only an hour to add hCalendar support to the site.
- The Laughing Squid Calendar events, e.g. this party, now supports hCalendar.
- Paul Schreiber's Sunnyvale House Concerts site publishes hCalendar event information for upcoming concerts. In addition the Past Shows page contains hCalendar events for all past concerts.
- Complex Spiral Consulting, both in the "Events" box on left side, and the separate Events page.
- Tantek's Thoughts, specifically the "Events" roll in the right-most column.
- Lesser Known Holidays, a list of holidays on suda.co.uk that can be imported via iCal and hCal so you can compare actual transformation versus intended.
- Norm Walsh's travel schedule use hCalendar as well as GRDDL.
- Policy Aware Web (PAW) Project Meeting uses hCalendar to record date-related decisions, and uses a vtodo microformat to record action items.
- The Laboratory for Dependable Distributed Systems publishes it's list of notable CfPs on dependability and security with hCalendar-todo elements.
- The Laughing Squid 10th Anniversary Party has an hcalendar page.
- SPRACI has hcalendar versions of its nightlife/clubbing/gigs/festivals listings for many cities worldwide - eg: Events in Sydney (check the API pages in the faq section of SPRACI for more info about the area/city keywords and category tags to use to get data for your city/categories
- WWF-Australia events calendars: What's on, Volunteer
- rubyholic uses hCalendar to publish calendars for ruby groups.
- University of Bath What's On uses hCalendar on individual event pages
- The Kiez is a small cinema and has published its program marked up with hCalendar
Examples with some problems
- Theatre Studies: European Theatre at the University of Edinburgh uses hCalendar to markup news and events on the index page.
- Uses "display:none" on image. Andy Mabbett 15:32, 13 Nov 2006 (PST)
- s'Bokle is a German music pub. Their events calendar has been marked up with hCalendar.
- improper use of rrule --RyanKing 16:04, 6 Jan 2006 (PST)
- Plan9 - Uses hCalendar to mark up events !
- dtstart/dtend are implemented on span element Tom Armitage June 23, 2006
- socalTECH is a news and information site. Their front page event listing is marked up with hCalendar.
- dtstart/dtend implemented on span element Tom Armitage June 23, 2006
- The Multipack features a vevent for the next meeting information.
- dtstart/dtend are implemented on em element Tom Armitage June 23, 2006
- Paul Schreiber's unofficial schedule site publishes hCalendar information for upcoming hockey games at Ice Oasis
- dtstart/dtend are implemented on td element Tom Armitage June 23, 2006
- whilst Tails parses dtstart/dtend on any element, technically it really needs to be on abbr. Technorati Microformats Search only looks for the title element on
<abbr> tags, for instance.