General feedback about hCard may be provided here, and the editor(s) will do their best to try to accomodate such feedback. The more specific the feedback the better chance it will be handled. For specific issues with the spec (as opposed to general problems and feedback), please use the hCard issues page.
Feedback may (and probably will) be edited and rewritten for better terseness, clarity, calmness, rationality, and as neutral a point of view as possible. Use the provided template and add your feedback to the end of the Feedback section. Write your feedback well. — Tantek
Please add feedback here, in datetime sequential order:
- 2008-01-13 raised by Christopher Allen at OpenIDDevCamp (collected by Tantek).
- What is the best practice for publishing your TZ in your hCard? As publishing just a fixed offset will likely result in 1 hour off error half the year for more people, given that the rest of the hCard is likely to be static.
- All hCard feedback as of 2007-04-27 has been resolved, and resolved issues have been moved to the hCard resolved issues section. Note there are still a few outstanding issues. Tantek 08:46, 14 Dec 2007 (PST)
Please use this format (copy and paste this to the end of the list to add your feedback):
- YYYY-MM-DD raised by YOURNAME.
- Here is the first general feedback I have.
- Here is the second general feedback I have.
- hCard cheatsheet - hCard properties
- hCard creator (feedback) - create your own hCard.
- hCard authoring - learn how to add hCard markup to your existing contact info.
- hCard examples - example usage of various classes within hCard.
- hCard examples in the wild - an on-going list of websites which use hCards.
- hCard supporting user profiles - sites with user profiles marked up with hCard - a very common example.
- hCard FAQ - if you have any questions about hCard, check here.
- hCard implementations - websites or tools which either generate or parse hCards.
- hCard parsing - normative details of how to parse hCards.
- hCards and pages - semantic distinctions between different hCards on a page, and how to identify each
- hcard-user-interface - techniques and issues surrounding user-interfaces to author, publish, and display hCards.
- hCard profile - the XMDP profile for hCard
- hCard singular properties - an explanation of the list of singular properties in hCard.
- hCard tests - a wiki page with actual embedded hCards to try parsing.
- hCard advocacy - encourage others to use hCard
- hCard "to do" - jobs to do
The hCard specification is a work in progress. As additional aspects are discussed, understood, and written, they will be added. These thoughts, issues, and questions are kept in separate pages.
- hCard brainstorming - brainstorms and other explorations relating to hCard.
- hCard feedback - general feedback (as opposed to specific issues).
- hCard issues - specific issues with the specification.
- vCard errata - corrections to the vCard specification, which underlies hCard.
- vCard suggestions - suggested improvements to the vCard specification.