hCard supporting user profiles
Welcome! If you have an account on any of the following services, you already have an hCard which you can provide to other services to save time by either importing or subscribing to your profile information so you can change it on one site, and have other sites automatically updated, rather than having to re-enter all your profile information multiple times, every time you move, get a new phone number, change your job etc. The ability to syndicate your profile from the service of your choice is a key component of social-network-portability.
Services with hCard profiles
The following web sites support hCard on their user profiles and are thus suitable for importing/subscribing to other sites that support hCard. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites with hCard profiles here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for retrieving your user profile URL on that site.
- 3eep - each user's public profile is located at http://3eep.com/users/userNameHere
- ArtistServer - each user's public profile is located at http://www.artistserver.com/userURLHere
- ClaimID - each user's public profile is located at http://claimid.com/userNameHere
- Cork'd - login and copy the URL which should start with http://www.corkd.com/people/
- Flickr - login, click "Your Photos", click "Profile", and copy the URL which should start with http://flickr.com/people/
- JPG Magazine - each user's public profile is located at http://jpgmag.com/people/userNameHere, e.g. http://jpgmag.com/people/jpd
- Last FM
- LinkedIn - login, click on "My Profile" in the top blue bar, then click on "Public Profile" and copy the URL in the page after "Your current URL is:" which should start with http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ or http://www.linkedin.com/in/. Note: LinkedIn profiles include an hResume for you in addition to your hCard.
- Ma.gnolia - each user's public profile is located at http://ma.gnolia.com/people/userNameHere
- Plaxo - create a nickname in your settings, then go to NICKNAME.myplaxo.com (e.g. http://joseph.myplaxo.com) and copy the URL
- Pownce - login, click on the "Home" link at the top, and copy the URL.
- Rosebleed - your profile URL is http://rosebleed.net/users/profile.php/ followed by your username, e.g. silvermoon82.
- Tangler - click on a person's profile to navigate to their profile which is marked up with hCard http://www.tangler.com/people/id/ - where "id" is the user number of that person.
- Technorati - login, click on the "Signed in as username" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://technorati.com/profile/
- Twitter - login, click on "Your profile" at the top, and copy the URL
- Upcoming - login, click on the "Welcome, username!" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://upcoming.yahoo.com/user/
- ... add more sites (alphabetically sorted please) that support hCard, including instructions for finding and copying your profile URL.
Used to have hCard profiles
The following services used to have hCard user profiles but somehow got lost/ regressed in an upgrade or something.
- Zooomr - hCard support appears to have been lost in their Zooomr Mark III release in 2007 June. Was: login, click on the "Your Profile" link, and copy the URL which should start with http://zooomr.com/people/.
Services that import hCard profiles
The following web sites support importing your existing hCard user profile, e.g. from the above sites, or your own page. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites supporting hCard user profile import here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for how to import your existing hCard user profile to the site.
- Satisfaction Inc. - go to their sign in and registration page, choose the service of your existing profile or "Other..." and enter your profile URL (which you can retrieve as described above).
For more information
Want to implement hCard on your site so you can list it here?
See the hCard authoring page for how to mark-up information about a person with hCard.
Please also consider implementing hCard+XFN friends lists.
For more information see: