- 1 hCard+XFN supporting friends lists
hCard+XFN supporting friends lists
Welcome! If you have an account on any of the following services, you already have a list of your friends' hCards with your relationship to them in XFN which you can provide to other services to save time by either importing or subscribing to social network information so you can change it on one site, and have other sites automatically updated, rather than having to re-add/remove all your social network contacts multiple times everytime you meet a new person, decide to unfriend someone etc.
Services with hCard+XFN supporting friends lists
The following web sites support hCard+XFN on their friends lists and are thus suitable for importing/subscribing to other sites that support hCard+XFN. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites with hCard+XFN supporting friends lists here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for retrieving your the URL of your hCard+XFN supporting friends list on that site.
- Cork'd - login and copy the URL which should start with http://www.corkd.com/people/
- Dopplr - login and note that your user page has hCard and XFN for your contacts (site is private beta)
- Last FM - login, click the "Friends" tab, and copy the URL which should look like: http://www.last.fm/user/[username]/friends/
- Twitter - login, click on "Your profile" at the top, and copy the URL
Services that import hCard+XFN supporting friends lists
The following web sites support importing your existing hCard+XFN supporting friends lists, e.g. from the above sites. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites supporting hCard+XFN import here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for how to import friends on the site.
- Dopplr - as announced login and go to http://www.dopplr.com/account/fellows_from_hcard to import (site is private beta)
Services with XFN supporting friends lists
- 3eep - each user's friends are linked to with XFN is located at http://3eep.com/users/[username]
- Wordpress.com and any other blogs using Wordpress 1.5 or later have XFN supporting blog rolls.
Services with XFN rel="me" supporting identity consolidation
- Flickr - login, click "Your Photos", click "Profile", and copy the URL which should be http://flickr.com/people/[username]/
- Flickr supports rel="me" identity consolidation with your webpage that you enter into your profile, and with your Flickr contacts page.
- Last.FM - login, go to your profile, and copy the URL which should start with http://www.last.fm/user/
- Last.FM supports rel="me" identity consolidation with your webpage that you enter into your profile, and with your Last.FM friends page.
- Pownce - login, go to your profile, and copy the URL which should start with http://pownce.com/
- Eventful - login, click on your username, and copy that URL.
Implement hCard XFN supporting friends lists
Want to implement hCard+XFN on your site so you can list it here?
- Markup friends with hCard. See the hCard authoring page for how to mark-up names, links, icons of people in friends lists with hCard.
- rel="me" to a user's other URLs. Hyperlinks to users' home pages or blogs should have the XFN
rel="me"attribute to support user-driven (since the user chooses the URL to link to) identity consolidation.
- XFN on friend links. Friends lists should be marked up with XFN per XFN clarifications: mapping community site friends. See also the XFN: Getting Started page for how to markup links to people with XFN.
- rel="me" on "View All Friends..." links. If a user profile page on your site links to a separate page for that user's friends list, add
rel="me"to that link.
- rel="me" on friends list pagination links. If your site paginates a user's friend list into multiple pages, be sure to add
rel="me next"to your "Next" pagination hyperlinks, and similarly
rel="me prev"to your "Previous" pagination hyperlinks.
Please also consider implementing hCard user profiles.
For more information