hreview-brainstorming /Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:51, 1 August 2006 by Tantek (added a few more optimizations for content authoring)
- Tantek Çelik
This document is for capturing thoughts on improving/iterating upon hReview.
hReview 0.3 thoughts
Changes from hReview 0.2:
- MUST (instead of SHOULD) use hCard for the item description of a business
- reviewer changes
- make reviewer *optional* per feedback from Ryan King and Mark Nottingham
- If reviewer is absent from the hReview, then look outside the hReview, in the context of the page, for the reviewer. If there is no "reviewer" outside either, then use the
<address>for the page.
- MUST (instead of SHOULD) use hCard to represent reviewer information
- SHOULD use hCalendar to represent an item of 'type' 'event'
- Accepted. We considered making this a MUST, and postponed it to the next version, based on publication experience with 0.3
- add one decimal digit of precision to ratings' numerical values.
- use the "value" construct from hCard (as it is used in "tel" properties for example) to more explicitly markup the rating value when also providing (marking up) the best/worst of a rating. need to also provide an example that does so.
- add rel="license" to indicate the license of the hReview as a whole.
- add this to hAtom 0.1 as well!
- permit tags inside ratings to denote rated tags, the same as ratings inside tags per suggestion from Eran Globen.
- add include-pattern support to allow multiple reviews for the same item to not repeat the item info.
- Note that scalar/rated tags would ideally use a tag space that explain the ratings for that tag. E.g. what does Food:18/30 mean?
hReview 0.4 thoughts
- items of
placeSHOULD use a nested Geo or adr or hCard as the item itself.
- items of
urlMUST specify a
urlproperty for the item (in hReview 0.3 having "url" property for the item is only a SHOULD)
- note that in the future, items of
productSHOULD use a nested product microformat. hListing has also shown that there may be need for a product microformat.
- note and clarify that item
typeof "url" means the review applies to *only* the resource present at that URL, whether it is an HTML page, an image, an mp3, whatever. Whereas item type of "website" applies to everything at that URL and contained in any subdirectories thereof.
- is the
versionproperty needed? currently it is optional and created invisibly by the hReview creator. It is not clear that it is necessary for parsing either, since all changes to hReview have been forward/backward compatible and it is our goal to continue to make compatible changes.
- is the
typeproperty needed? It too is created invisibly by the hReview creator.
permalink. Even hAtom just uses
bookmark, so should hReview.
- should allow multiple license
- item type fallback. If the expected encapsulated microformat for a given item type (e.g. business / hCard) is not present, then fall back to parsing for item sub properties and construct an implied encapsulated microformat from those subproperties. Alternative, just take the fn, url, photo subproperties that are present as is, and don't bother to imply an hCard.
- implied "fn" inside item. if there is no "fn" then treat the entire "item" as an "fn".