Currently this microformat is in exploratory stage. Contributions should focus on real examples from the Web, existing formats/encoding of measures.
Measures (e.g. weights, sizes, temperatures) occur frequently on the Web, but they differ from locale to locale (e.g. Fahrenheit vs. Celsius, pound versus Kilogram) making comparison and matching of offerings difficult.
The Measurement Unit microformat will enable unambiguous description of measures and as a result easier comparison and matching of offerings.
- job-listing can use time measure for specify per what period of time the salary is for.
- hListing draft same as for job listing.
- directions-examples can use length measure for mileage and time to go from one point to the next.
- recipe-examples can use weigh and time measure for ingredient and preparation time.
- currency can be viewed as a measurement unit, or as a component of a measurement unit, as in $ per hour.
- Guillaume Lebleu
- Andy Mabbett