Jump to navigation Jump to search
W3C XML home page: W3C XML
A collection of critical thoughts on "plain" or "generic" XML, why it can be considered harmful etc.
- Never send content in proprietary (XML) formats over the wire by Ian Hickson
- David Janes on the failure of *plain XML* approaches
- Don’t Invent XML Languages by Tim Bray
- Which Part of "No XML" Don't You Understand? by Guido van Rossum
- More thoughts on portable social networks by Jeremy Keith. In particular:
- Publishing XML is hard, certainly harder than publishing HTML.
- Out of sight is out of mind.