presentations: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Changed protection level for "presentations" [edit=autoconfirmed:move=sysop])
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 00:46, 4 April 2013
This page lists various presentations, sessions, papers and posters which have provided explanations and discusions of both microformats in general, and specific microformats. Check out microformats Microformats events for upcoming presentations. See also microformats microformats podcasts and screencasts for audio/video presentations and discussions.
Note: This page is missing a lot of presentation links. More presentation links can be found by going through specific Microformats events pages.
Most recent presentations/sessions listed first.
- 2012-07-14 HTML5 and microformats2: The Evolution Of Web Data presentation by Tantek Çelik (@t) at Open Web Camp IV at PayPal Town Hall (eBay Campus), 2161 North First Street San Jose, CA 95131.
- 2011-10-28 Microformats and SEO presentation by Glenn Jones (@glennjones) in West Sussex, England
- 2010-04-29 HTML5 & microformats for pragmatists presentation by Wojtek Zając (@theanxy) in Kraków, Poland
- 2010-02-17 Microformats & Microdata presentation by Oli Studholme (@boblet) for 第３回 Webkit/HTML5 勉強会 in Tokyo, Japan (more info) (the presentation was in Japanese, the slides are mainly English)
- 2009-12-04 Re-using social media data presentation by Glenn Jones at SAPO Codebits Lisbon, Portugal
- 2009-06-03 Microformatos - 2009 - Juntando as Peças do Puzzle by André Luís at SAPO Sessions (as tweeted by @andr3)
- 2009-03-12 microformats: #towerofbabel #pareto #dataportability presentation by Sarven Capadisli at GLIS 663 Knowledge Taxonomies, McGill, Montréal, Canada
- 2009-03-05 Website data through the looking-glass presentation by Sarven Capadisli at PHP Québec Conference 2009, Montréal, Canada
- 2009-01-08 Interacting with microformats presentation by Sarven Capadisli at PHP Québec Monthly Meetup, Montréal, Canada
- 2008-11-18 microformats: What are they and why should you use them? during RefreshAugusta at PowerServe, Augusta, Georgia.
- 2008-09-05 Social Network Portability during dConstruct 2008.
- 2008-08-19 Better User Experience Through Microformats during day 2 of An Event Apart San Francisco.
- 2008-08-16 WordPress and Microformats: Past, Present, Future during WordCamp 2008
- 2008-07-02 Microformatos - pequenças peças do puzzle presentation in Portuguese, by André Luís for a training session at SAPO.pt (Lisbon, Portugal)
- 2008-05-15 Creating next generation Web sites presentation by Sarven Capadisli at Nstein Innovation Leaders Summit 2008, Montreal, Canada
- 2008-04-16 Microformats - Adding Semantics to Your Web Site - Web 3.0 in Action presentation by Gerald Bauer (Vancouver Software Developers Network/VanDev at University of British Columbia)
- 2008-03-17 Microformats overview: how to help machines recognise common data formats in Web documents presentation by Sarven Capadisli at Coder's Saturday, Montreal, Canada
- 2008-03-02 Distributed Social Networking presentation by Ben Ward at Social Network Portability WebCamp in Cork, Ireland.
- 2008-02-19 Can your website be your API and real life presentation by Glenn Jones (Semantic Camp London) covers social network portability and data portability
- 2008-02-19 Parsing Microformats presentation by Gareth Rushgrove (Semantic Camp London) includes an overview of available parsers
- 2007-11-17 Linking Text References to Relevant Digital Resources Over The Web (Proposal of a Microformat for Canonical Texts References) presentation by Matteo Romanello at Electronic Corpora of Ancient Languages conference held in Prague on November 2007.
- 2007-11-06 Microformats: A Web of Data presentation by Brian Suda at Web 2.0 Expo Berlin.
- 2007-10-31 Microformats - The What, Where, Why and How This is a recording of a presentation given by Mark Meeker on Microformats. Mark is an Architect on the UI Engineering team at Orbitz Worldwide. OrbitzTech talk Chicago Il.
- 2007-10-04 Social Network Portability presentation by Tantek Çelik at Fundamentos Web 2007.
- 2007-10-04 Coding on the Shoulders of Giants presentation by Matt Biddulph at Future of Web Apps London 2007 - mentions their implementation of hCard, hCalendar and how their support gives them more features.
- 2007-10-02 Microformats, building blocks of the semantic web presentation by Chris Griego at Dallas Ruby Brigade October 2007
- 2007-08-30 GeekUp presentation by Thom Shannon - Microformats: What's the point?
- 2007-06-.. http://tantek.com/presentations/2007/06/microformats-bb-you/
- 2007-05-.. http://tantek.com/presentations/2007/05/microformats-bb-you/
- 2007-06-02 BarCamp San Diego presentation by Joshua Brewer: Microformats: Building a Better Web.
- 2007-05-16 XTech 2007 presentation by Jeremy Keith: Microformats: the nanotechnology of the semantic web.
- 2007-04-30 Microformats: Data Formats That Put Humans First presentation by Tantek Çelik
- 2007-03-23 Microformats at Stanford presentation by Tantek Çelik
- 2007-03-22 Microformats—the hidden treasure by Dmitry Baranovskiy at the webDU 2007 conference in Sydney, Australia, 3:00pm–4:00pm
- 2007-03-16 Métadonnées pour Humains & Machines (dead link ?) presentation in French by Sylvain Carle at the PHP Québec 2007 conference in Montréal, Canada.
- 2007-02-23 Microformats at the CSI Web 2.0 Conference in Bangalore presentation by Philip Tellis
- 2007-02-19, Destroying Walled Gardens - Microformats syndication and API’s at BarCamp London 2, UK by Glenn Jones
- 2007-02-13, Microformats: The Semantic Web for the Rest of Us Bristol Skillswap [rtsp://stream.watershed.co.uk/skillswap/2007.02.13.microformats.mov Streaming Video]
- 2007-02-07, Web Directions North 2007, Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside, 1133 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E3T3, Canada
- Microformats at Web Directions North 2007, 11:45am-12:45pm, 1:45pm-3:45pm
- Tantek Çelik (Technorati) - "Microformats — The Big Picture"
- John Allsopp (Westciv) - "Microformats For Developers"
- Dan Cederholm (Simplebits) - "Microformats For Designers"
- Microformats at Web Directions North 2007, 11:45am-12:45pm, 1:45pm-3:45pm
- 2007-02-03 Microformats HTML to API at WebDD, Reading UK by Glenn Jones
- 2006-11-24, Taichi Kaminogoya presented to microformats に触れてみよう at XML Developers' Day #9, Tokyo, JAPAN.
- October 28th, Microformats Speech at Barcamp Zurich
- October 10th, Taichi Kaminogoya presented to microformatsがもたらすドキドキする未来 at CSS Nite LP Disk 1, Tokyo, JAPAN.
- September 28th, Microformats at Web Directions South, Sydney Australia by John Allsopp. slides, podcast, live blogging transcript all online now
- September 27th, Microformats Intro at New Context 2006, Radisson Miyako Hotel, Minato-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN. See also photos.
- September 16th, Introducing Microformats for resume publishing in French by Frederic de Villamil at Barcamp Paris 4. Location: 43 rue d'Aboukir, 75002 Paris France
- September 13th, Microformats Practices at Future of Web Apps in San Francisco. Location: Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, Lyon Street, San Francisco CA 94123.
- September 3th, Backnetwork and Microformats by Glenn Jones at Barcamp London. demo of hCard subscription idea for social networks.
- August 26th, Tantek Çelik led the BarCampStanfordMicroformats discussion at room 426, Margaret Jacks Hall, Stanford, CA 94305. There is an Ogg recording of the session.
- July 11th, What are microformats? at An Event Apart in New York City
- July 6th, Mikroformate Erweiterte Semantik von HTML-Dokumenten (Präsentation von Eric Eggert) Web mondays presentation in german - translation is available here
- June 15th, Phil Wilson presented to the Institutional Web Management Workshop
- June 8, Pete Prodoehl presented Microformats to the Milwaukee Web Design Meetup Group
- May 30, NetSquared Conference, 4:15pm-5:10pm: : A web more woven - the alchemy and practicalities of Mashups. Tantek Çelik, Taylor McKnight and Chris Messina will discuss the core utility of microformats to publish and share data for/with mashups and other applications. Location: Jordan room, Cisco Systems' Vineyard Conference Center, 260 E. Tasman Drive, San Jose, CA.
- May 25, Brian Suda and Ryan King presented Practical Microformats at WWW 2006 (Molly Holzschlag was orginally scheduled to give this talk, we filled in at the last minute with our slides from XTech)
- May 24, Kevin Lawver presented A Microformat and Proposal For Interoperable Widgets
- May 18, The Intelligent Design of Microformats by Ryan King at XTech 2006. (slides).
- May 16, Is Web 2.0 Changing the Software Industry? by Chris Messina at Mesh Conference
- May 16, Microformats from the Ground Up by Brian Suda and Ryan King @ XTech 2006
- April 25, At DemoCamp #5 in Toronto, David Janes demonstrated BlogMatrix his platform for publish which supports microformats. (see Accordionguy blogpost).
- April 23, Microformats and the Future of Syndication by Nate Aune, AdaptiveWave (CM Pros Summit, San Francisco, CA)
- April 22, Intro to Microformats, Barcamp Bangalore, Bangalore, India, (photos 1, 2, 3)
- March 16, Reading 2.0 (see Tim O'Reilly's notes), San Francisco, CA
- Building with MicroFormats, Chad Dickerson, Yahoo
- March 13, SXSW Interactive, Room 17AB, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX
- Microformats: Evolving the Web, 11:30am-12:30pm
- March 11, SXSW Interactive, Room 17AB, Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX
- March 7, O'Reilly Emerging Technologies (ETech) Conference, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Ballroom, San Diego, CA
- March 1, W3C Technical Plenary Day, Hotel Sofitel Cannes Mandelieu Royal Casino, main auditorium, 605 avenuedu Général de Gaulle, BP 49, MANDELIEU LA NAPOULE CEDEX, 06212 MANDELIEU LA NAPOULE, FRANCE
- Microformats panel at W3C Technical Plenary Day, 10:30am-11:30am
- Ian Hickson (Google) - "A billion documents and no semantics anywhere" (NEED LINK TO SLIDES OR STUDY)
- Tantek Çelik (Technorati) - "What are microformats?"
- Håkon Wium Lie (Opera) - "Cascading Markup Languages — boom!" (NEED LINK TO SLIDES)
- Rohit Khare (CommerceNet) - "Where Angle Brackets Fear to Tread"
- Dan Connolly (W3C) - "Microformats for practical Semantic Web deployment"
- "I'm very excited about microformats. What I really want is to get all the data out of databases and expressed as part of the Semantic Web." - Tim Berners-Lee. (emphasis added)
- "Services and the Web" by Mark Nottingham (Yahoo), 12:05pm-12:10pm.
- Request to W3T/W3M: Go After The "Real" Web: Apache, PHP, Mozilla, Intermediaries and Caches, Microformats, JSON... (emphasis added)
- Attendees voted the "Microformats" session the best session of the Plenary Day. 6:17pm.
- Microformats panel at W3C Technical Plenary Day, 10:30am-11:30am
- February 24, Yahoo Speakers Series, Yahoo Mission College Campus, 2nd floor conference room, 2821 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054
- January 18, Apple Web Publishers internal meeting, Apple Computer, Star Trek conference room, 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, CA 95014, 12-1:40pm
- January 10, SD Forum Emerging Technologies SIG, Room H1, Cubberley Community Center, Palo Alto, CA, 7-9pm
- Ryan King's presentation, Ernie Prabhakar's presentation, Rohit Khare's presentation
- Microformats panel: Ryan King, Ernie Prabhakar, Rohit Khare, Tantek Çelik, Kevin Marks
- December 15, Syndicate Conference, San Francisco, CA
- November 26, TorCamp, Teehan+Lax, 460 Richmond St. W, Toronto, ON, CA
- powerpoints (sorry)
- November 12, THINK Conference, Santa Cruz room, Chaminade hotel, Santa Cruz, CA, USA
- November 10, (location unknown), by Kevin Yank of SitePoint Pty. Ltd.
- October 5, Web 2.0 Conference, Olympic Room, Argent Hotel, San Francisco, CA, USA
- October 4, OSAF, San Francisco, CA, USA
- September 30, Web Essentials 05 http://we05.com/ (link broke 2007-12-18 or earlier), Guthrie auditorium, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Microformats: Evolving the Web (http://we05.com/podcast/mp3/we05-14-tantek-celik2.mp3 (link broke 2007-12-18 or earlier) MP3 - incomplete, mirror: http://microformats.org/media/2005/09/we05-14-tantek-celik2.mp3)
- September 29, Web Essentials 05 http://we05.com/ (link broke 2007-12-18 or earlier), Guthrie auditorium, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- The Elements of Meaningful XHTML (http://we05.com/podcast/mp3/we05-2-tantek-celik.mp3 (link broke 2007-12-18 or earlier) MP3 mirror: http://microformats.org/media/2005/09/we05-2-tantek-celik.mp3 )
- September 25, Webzine 2005, Valhalla Room, Swedish American Hall, San Francisco, CA, USA
- September 21, Web Intelligence Conference, Compiegne, France
- Page-reRank: using trusted links to re-rank authority (paper) - A discussion of using Vote Links to improve PageRank
- June 20: Supernova 2005 (Supernova2005 site), Microformats Workshop, Wharton West, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA, USA
- May 14: Fourteenth International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2005), 2005, Microformats Dev-Day Track, Makuhari Messe Room 303, Chiba, JAPAN
- "What are Microformats?" - Tantek Çelik
- "Link Microformats" - John Allsopp
- "The Potential of Microformats" - Eric Meyer
- "Distributed Social Networks (XFN Implementations)"
- Demonstrations of WordPress & Metafilter's builtin XFN support, and XFN search engines RubHub & xhtmlfriends.net.
- "People and Events (hCard & hCalendar)" - Tantek Çelik
- "hReview in Review" - Rohit Khare
- "Bibliographies (hBib)" - notes captured: hBib Discussion 2005-05-14
- "a more meaningful web with microformats"
- "Semantic Web and Microformats" panel, Room 201
- March 15: "Decentralized Social Networks", South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2005, Austin Convention Center Room 17AB, Austin TX
- March 14: "How to Trick-Out Your Blog", South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2005, Austin Convention Center Room 16B, Austin TX
- March 13
- "Emergent Semantics", South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2005, Austin Convention Center Room 15, Austin TX
- "Leveraging Tags", as part of the "How to Leverage Solipsism" panel, South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2005, Austin Convention Center Room 18A, Austin TX
- "The Elements of Meaningful XHTML", South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2005, Austin Convention Center Room 16B, Austin TX
- January 21: Attention.xml Technology Overview, private presentation, Yahoo! campus, Santa Clara, CA
- September 28: "Semantic XHTML: Can your website be your API? - Using semantic XHTML to show what you mean", SD Forum Web Services SIG, eBay's Silicon Valley Conference Center 2161 North First Street San Jose, CA 95131. See also SVForum posting of the same.
- September 12: "Model+View+Controller = XHTML+CSS+JS", O'Reilly Media Foo Camp 2004, O'Reilly Campus, Wallcreeper room, Sebastopol CA
- September 11: "Attention.XML", O'Reilly Media Foo Camp 2004, O'Reilly Campus, Appaloosa room, Sebastopol CA
- September 10: "Simple Semantic Formats", O'Reilly Media Foo Camp 2004, O'Reilly Campus, Camel room, Sebastopol CA
- March 15: "Ridiculously Easy Social Software", South by South West Conference (SXSW) 2004, Austin Convention Center Room 17B, Austin TX
- February 11th: "real world semantics", O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference (ETech) 2004 Westin Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA. This presentation was the first public discussion and introduction of the terms "microformat" and "lowercase semantic web". Reprised as a five-minute lightning talk at ConCon, Rx Gallery, San Francisco CA (16 February 2004).
This page was contributed from the Technorati developers wiki.