<entry-title>rel-tag Examples in the wild</entry-title>
This page is an informative section of the rel-tag specification.
The following sites have published rel="tag", and thus are a great place to start for anyone looking for examples "in the wild" for inspiration, or try parsing and indexing.
new and uncategorized examples
- Picc.it uses rel-tag site-wide to markup links from pictures and albums back to their tag search pages. Example Picture (Fountain, Trafalger Square, London).
- Problematic. The example of "Trafalger Square" gets rel-tag wrong, and thus uses the tag "1" three times due to putting pagination (1) in the last segment of the URL.
- Sterling Hotels uses rel-tag to mark up links to countries in search (look at country links on left) Search for term hotel
- Sterling Design Hotels uses rel-tag to mark up links to countries in search (look at country links on left) Search for term hotel
- Blogger by Google uses rel-tag for post tags e.g. Google Analytics Blog
- The Recipe Depository uses rel-tag on all recipe pages to mark all the categories the recipes are filed under, e.g. Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Pine Nuts, and Arugula
- LinkedIn uses rel-tag throughout their pages.
- Amazon.com now uses rel-tag on individual product pages allowing users to tag products with tags to help other users find products easier, e.g. Febreze Fabric Refresher, Antimicrobial, 27-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
- Trust a Friend uses rel-tag for reviewed businesses in a city. For example: Le Gigot has the tags: French and Restaurant.
- Newsgrail uses rel-tag for an implementation of structured sematic tagging by OpenCalais.
- Actor David Swain uses rel-tag on all "tag" links on his site each pointing to its own tag-space.
- beeets is a tag-based event search engine that uses rel-tag on all "tag" links, each pointing to its own tag-space.
- Begin Running uses rel-tag on pages containing tagged content.
- Sun Factory uses rel-tag on some of its product pages. For example : Trophy Soccer Player.
- Snow World uses rel-tag on all "tag" links. As is built in b2evolution.
- gameshogun™ uses rel-tag on all "tag" links. A b2evolution implementation.
- ClothesOnline uses rel-tag for categorizing shops and brands, for example: Canada Goose.
- Huffduffer uses rel-tag on every page, pointing to its own tag space e.g. http://huffduffer.com/tags/microformats
- Pantry Moth Traps implements the rel-tag in articles where an authoritative source is known. (for example in the article Moth Trap Picks the tag Moth Trap)
- HighTechCville uses rel-tag on all the pages listing tagged content for people, organizations and events related to high tech in Charlottesville, VA.
- skateboardspot.info uses rel-tag in spotguide entries which are added to the site and categorized by the users (for example: “El Toro High School” spotguide entry).
- Idoneos.com uses rel-tag for conceptual links to its own tag space, a collection of 'concepts' (mostly spanish).
- Professional On The Web uses rel-tag for user entered tags which categorize web professionals and freelancers.
- CloudCuckoo (secure site but open to all) an EPiServer module distributed free by Interakting, generates tag clouds with rel-tag links.
- Lifetime.com uses rel- and rev-tags in all content pages.
- the my-Warehouse shopsystem implements rel-tags in box headings and categories links.
- Joseph Bergantine uses tags to categorize wallpapers and blog posts
- Codesignville uses rel-tag to indicate content categories.
- BossaLive uses rel-tag for tagging music. Publishes rel-tags for album, artist and genre.
- Also uses hCard on user profile pages.
- qmpeople Uses rel-tag for translated tags into english, french and italian to meet new friends in different countries.
- Keevu.com uses rel-tag to indicate content categories on most pages, like venues
- Amazing Incredible uses rel-tag on content pages
- AuctionLink uses rel-tag on Auction Sales Listings tags.
- Christian Hess uses rel-tag on his homepage blog and several other pages of his site.
- Spacedust uses rel-tag to mark up gallery pages.
- My Opera uses rel-tag for tags on all user's blog entries.
- Dev Opera uses rel-tag on all article tags.
- UNT International uses rel-tag to indicate content categories on most pages
- Yedda - Yedda publishes rel-tags for all of the tags the people entered on themselves as well as on all tags entered on questions asked on Yedda.
- Lingr publishes rel-tags for all user entered tags.
- ODEO publishes rel-tags for user entered tags.
- Eventful publishes rel-tags for user entered tags.
- Spinn3r implements rel-tag as well as RSS and Atom subject and categories.
- Web of Fate publishes rel-tags for future predictions.