Search engine Microformats Implementations that index microformats across the web (i.e. not just on their own site). Alphabetical within status/stability.
General web search. Search engines that index websites in general using microformats.
- Google search supports rel="nofollow", hCard 1.0, hReview 0.4 (in progress), hReview aggregate, hProduct (since 2009-05 for rich snippets) in main search. Through additional interfaces:
- Google Advanced Search - Usage rights supports rel="license" (since 2005(?) citation needed)
- Google Social Graph API supports XFN - The XHTML Friends Network (launched 2008 February). See "Google Social Graph API How are your sites connected?".
- Yahoo search supports rel="nofollow". Through additional interfaces:
- Yahoo Creative Commons search supports rel="license"
- Yahoo Search BOSS
- Yahoo Search Monkey (hCard 1.0, hCalendar 1.0, hReview 0.4 (in progress), hAtom 0.1, others) - launched 2008 May
Editor note: Google and Yahoo search engines could probably use their own pages with implementation details and links to additional resources.
Search blog posts and blogs in general. Search engines that specifically index blogs, blog posts, and other realtime sources on the web using microformats.
- IceRocket through additional interfaces
- Technorati (rel="nofollow")
prototype or alpha
- singpolyma social web search (XFN - The XHTML Friends Network, hCard 1.0) part of the diso project.
- VIREL indexes both hCard 1.0 and hCalendar 1.0 and provides a user interface (pop-up menu) to choose between searching contacts or events.
- 2008-09-09 Tag Edge: Virel: Microformats Search Engine
search results in microformats
Search engines that publish microformats in their results (but may not necessarily be indexing microformats).
- Karniyarik Vertical Search Engine for Online Products (Stealth Beta). Karniyarik's search results lists products and their vendors, which are marked up with hCard 1.0 (e.g. search results for bebek bezi - diapers). In addition, Karniyarik's about page is marked up with hCard.