This Week in Microformats - Week Beginning March 10th 2008
âThis Week in Microformatsâ is a weekly summary of notable microformats activity from mailing lists, wiki, events and the wider web. It gets posted to the Microformats.org Blog on Sundays. Please add contributions to the headings below. (See the original This Week in Microformats posts for guidance on formatting; This Week #1, This Week #2.)
On the Wiki
- In an effort to make planning, direction and progress of the microformats community clearer, we've reorganised the todo page Â«!!AddLinkÂ»
- Along with the revival of our âThis Week in Microformatsâ posts, they are now drafted live and in public on the wiki. You can make your own contributions for next week's post throughout the week. We hope this will make it easier to keep these updates coming out regularly.
Developments on uf-new
On the web
- Microsoft adapts parts hAtom into an IE8 feature called webslices. Discussion.
- Sarah Bourne, Chief Technology Strategist for Massachusetts prefers RDFa over Microformats because of accessibility and standardization issues. Discussion.
- hAtom 0.2 meeting photos at SGFooCamp.
- XTiger templating/structured editing language, used for microformats: Templates, Microformats and Structured Editing. Discussion.
- As well as a quick sync-up for the microformats.org admins, we also had community get-together at SXSW (will update this item after it actually happens! --BenWard