- 1 To Do
- 1.1 Lazyweb
- 1.2 Tantek
- 1.2.1 iterate on current microformats
- 1.2.2 introduction / community
- 1.2.3 profiles
- 1.2.4 microformat parsing documentation
- 1.2.5 create microformats wiki pages for
- 1.2.6 improve usability and automation on the site
- 1.2.7 more microformat examples
- 1.2.8 help with microformat implementations
- 1.2.9 help with new microformat requests
- 1.3 Ryan
- 1.4 Dimitri Glazkov
- 1.5 Chris Messina
- 1.6 Robert Bachmann
- 1.7 Brian Suda
- 1.8 Mark Rickerby
- 1.9 Ernest Prabhakar
- 1.10 New Person 2
This page is for posting microformats related shared to do items. If you want to use this page for your microformats related to-do items, create a section with your name on it. The reason we are keeping these all on the same page is to make it easier to tell when people are working on similar things, and to make it more obvious when people help out with other people's tasks. In theory this probably won't scale, but let's first see how it does in practice. :) - Tantek
Just some nice things, feel free to do any of these.
- a semantic, clean css star rating picker (e.g. a UI widget to rate from 1-5 stars)
- microformatted versions of conference pages
- Do a revision of the ETel speaker's page with all the speakers marked up with hCard and links to "Add hCards to Address Book" etc., similar to the Web 2.0 speakers page which Tantek did a revision of last fall.
- quick and easy "how to" pages for each microformat. use is a good overall start.
- brief summary statements for each microformat that explain why it matters, what does it accomplish for the publisher.
I'm keeping a few microformats related to-do items here both for my own convenience, and for folks looking to help out with small tasks. If so, just create a new section with your name, and and maybe copy the item there, and put your name next to the item in my list. We'll figure this out as we go along. Thanks, Tantek.
iterate on current microformats
- hReview 0.3 - write the draft and get it finalized (actively working on it!)
introduction / community
- Need to add more to the Naming Principles, to cover in particular:
- avoid using the same name to mean two things
- avoid using two names to mean the same thing
- seek to keep the microformats vocabulary minimal, memorable, and usable.
- create hCalendar Profile and have folks verify it.
- update XMDP with new required features:
- ability for one profile to include/import another (rel="import" ?)
- ability to reference an XMDP via rel="profile" (similar to XHTML2 rel value by same name)
- ability/suggestion to reference an XMDP using <a href> in addition to <link>
microformat parsing documentation
- Add XPath equivalents where appropriate in hCard parsing
create microformats wiki pages for
- microformats microformats history
- introduction of terms (when were microformats terms introduced, by whom, etc.)
- introduction of specs (when were microformats specifications first introduced)
- use the history on Technorati's developer wiki for evidence of earliest dates.
- use the presentations as a source as well.
improve usability and automation on the site
- figure out how to get wordpress to autopost blog posts to the microformats-announce list
- ideally use the from address of the author of the blog post
- maybe photomatt knows how to do this.
more microformat examples
more illustrative examples in specs
- need examples of multi-instance hCalendar events
- of repeating events
- need examples of hCards with work telephone, mailing address etc.
more examples in the wild
- help dglazkov markup
help with microformat implementations
- hCard creator - add features/fields
- aim / instant messaging contact info
- wordpress improvements
- WP admin for new profiles
- should simply read blog URL
- look for hcards and parse them
- WP admin for new profiles
- XFN Creator localizations
- Conference Schedule Creator
- We need to ASAP build a simple conference schedule creator (and editor?) that builds upon the hCalendar creator. We should make it *trivial* for conference organizers to build/edit/publish an hCalendar schedule for their conference, including auto-generated "Subscribe..." link which produces the proper "webcal:..." link with X2V. Note: see the "axis" and "header" attributes in HTML4, specifically in the section on Tables.
help with new microformat requests
- expense reports (really just a list of "expense" items), requested by ED, should look at UBL as a pre-existing format
- photo-notes microformat
- Can we make "microformat" and "microformats" into Community Marks?
hCalendar/hCard/hReview creator improvements
- get all creators working in IE/Win, IE/Mac, Safari/OSX.3
- onblur in the URL field (e.g. on hCalendar), goes out and tries to retrieve an object of same time (e.g. an hCalendar vevent) from that URL and uses it to autofill the form, same thing if the creator is loaded with that URL prefilled (e.g. due to a ?url=http://example.com/ in the URL that loads the creator).
- hCard authoring tips - a tutorial on creating an hcard for you site, blog (common platforms), etc.
- hCalendar authoring - a tutorial on how to blog events so your friends can subscribe to them
- hreview-authoring - a tutorial on how to blog reviews so that they'll be aggregated.
WordPress patches for microformats
- submit patches for WordPress code/templates for microformats improvements
- <address class="vcard"> improvement in post author publication (e.g. home page of http://microformats.org/ )
- Wordpress plugin for microformats, specifically hReview and hCalendar
- See lazyweb request
- add an example of how to use DURATION in hcalendar see http://www.policyawareweb.org/2005/ftf2/paw-mtg#item15)
- update rel-payment to reference the IANA registry 
- Figure out REST/Microformats thing
- Work on result set idea
- Implement h-creators using Web Forms 2.0
- Work on a microformat for play-lists (is it just a XOXO ordererd list of play-items?)
- Work on a microformat for play-item
- Microformat for "buyable items" (see listing-examples and related documents)
- Location MF -- right click "map this" (see Geo and adr)
- Better hCard support in the browser -- right click "IM this person...", "Add to contacts"
- Better hCal support -- support many views of same hCal data on one page using XSLT
- make hatom2atom.xsl conformant to hAtom 0.1.
Add all my notes to the Wiki
Make changes and update site (almost stable) Get ATTENDEE and other strange attributes working
Writing and Copy Editing
- Draft of Get Started page
- Edits to homepage feature box text
- Follow up on usability review
- Review content for new pages - start as simple as possible, modularity, Reuse, humans-first
- Improve understanding of what needs to be done for Wiki
- Tackle larger projects (~1-2 hours) than people usually have time for
- Motivate community to have fun with otherwise tedious "housecleaning" chores
- Coalesce/prioritize existing To-Do items (above)
- Review/revise desired pathways for:
- New users learning about microformats
- e.g., intro, about, explore, tutorials, etc.
- cf. Rails front page
- Get Excited (Why, background, motivation)
- Get Started (What, downloads, getting started)
- Get Better (How, tutorials, )
- Get Involved (Who)
- Microformat lifecycle
- e.g., research->brainstorm->proposal->spec->maintain
- ensure information easy to find, follow, and up-to-date
- Review existing specs for completeness and consistency
- Identify areas of 'bitrot' or 'hole-filling'
- Do it!
New Person 2