Send these commands to the appropriate number (below) and interact with Twitter on your mobile phone, via Gtalk (IM twitter at twitter.com) or the web.
- Following changes at Twitter this page may need to be updated.
Friends and Followers
- add: 415-555-1212 john sends a text invite to john
- follow username: you will get phone updates from this person (requires initial approval)
- shortcut: F
- leave username: disables phone updates from this person
- shortcut: L
- accept: this command will accept a friend invitation. Example: Accept Jade. NOTE: when you accept, you must type in the name exactly as it was sent to you in order for Twitter to recognize it properly.
- deny: this command will deny a friend invitation.
- delete: for now, deleting friends must be done from the web.
- get: gets recent updates from all your friends
- get username: gets this person's last update
- follow all: turns on phone updates (entire friends list)
- leave all: turns off phone updates (entire friends list)
- nudge username: encourages this person to update
- off or stop or sleep: disables twitter phone updates
- on or start or wake: enables twitter phone updates
- whois: text WHOIS BIZ to 40404 you will get the info Biz has filled out in his settings
Finding Out Stuff
- followers: find out who is following your updates
- stats: find out how many people are following you, and how many friends you have
- help: sends back a list of twitter lingo commands
To update your own Twitter timeline, just text whatever is on your mind to the Twitter number: 40404, or use +447781488126 if you are outside the US.