Jump to navigation Jump to search
These are issues that people have raised regarding Vote Links. If you'd like to raise an issue here, please put the date and your name and clearly state your issue.
- 2005-06-21 raised by Hixie
- Issue H-1: This specification is lacking a user agent conformance section. There's basically nothing that says how votelinks must be parsed, how to handle errors, and so forth. Is it defined in terms of the DOM? Is it defined in terms of a serialisation? How do you handle conflicting content?
- 2006-08-23 by porneL
- What is the relation of vote links and rel=nofollow? <a rev="vote-against"> may actually have positive effect on referenced page in search engines that don't understand vote links. <a rev="vote-against" rel="nofollow"> makes more sense in this case, however nofollow means that PR should not be affected, which might be in conflict with interpretation of vote-against.
- 2007-01-04 by SteveIvy (originally by tantek in irc)
- According to this, 'Use of "rev" SHOULD be avoided. However, VoteLinks, is being grandfathered since it was such an early use. No future microformats should be developed that use "rev".' Would it be useful to put vote-links through the proper process and see what comes of it?