web-sign-in /Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use the (Web sign-in) button on a site to sign-in with your personal web address.
When you click a (Web sign-in) button, the site will ask you for your web address, e.g.:
Web address: [...............] (Sign-in)
Enter your personal web address and press return / click (Sign-in).
Your personal site must be set up for web sign-in.
- Link from your personal site to your other profiles. Add
rel="me"to those hyperlinks. E.g.:
<a rel="me" href="http://twitter.com/your_twitter_alias">...
- Edit your other profiles, e.g. your Twitter profile settings, and set "Web" ("homepage", "blog") field to your personal site. E.g.
- When you use your personal site with web sign-in the first time, your browser will redirect you to to your online profile, e.g. Twitter, and ask you to:
- Sign-in with your account on that profile (e.g. sign in to Twitter) if you're not already signed-in.
- Authorize the site to use your account, e.g. your Twitter account:
Click the ( Sign In ) button and you should be all set.
Authorize Site to use your account?
This application will be able to:
- Read Tweets from your timeline.
- See who you follow.
( Sign In )
See the RelMeAuth page for documentation on how to support Web sign-in on your site.