widget-brainstorming: Difference between revisions
m (see also)
VipasLiboc (talk | contribs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:07, 19 December 2008
- Kevin Lawver, America Online
- Shawn Carnell, America Online
I (User:KevinLawver) think this is a perfect opportunity to create a microformat for creating, delivering and discovery of small (micro, even) content on the web.
See the examples on widget-examples for current implementations.
There are several things that need to be known about a widget, including:
- Any configuration options that need to be set.
- Associated files
Remotely Hosted Tools
- User had pictures hosted on photo-sharing site.
- Their blogging tool would to surface a tool provided by the photo-sharing site in that tool.
A proposal is currently hosted at http://developer.iamalpha.com/profile. We are eager to receive feedback on microformat-discuss or email@example.com. It's a work in progress; please lend your voice.
This proposal has now been prototyped for people to play with. See here:
- AIM Pages announcement (and another blogpost).
- AIM Pages site
- AOL ModuleT: A Module Transport Microformat Profile
- XOXO 1.0: Extensible Open XHTML Outlines - to hold configuration or meta data about the widget.
- rel="license" - link to license for widget.