Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Uses an XML Manifest file to specify data about the "widget" (width, height, thumbnail image, title and version).
- No requirements for markup around widgets.
AOL's Channel Content Modules - [Sports example]
- Each module (widget) has a markup envelope and some required elements that make it a module and allow for consistent styles across products.
- (need someone else to fill this in, have never built one or taken them apart)
- SOAP envelopes to transport modules, but there is no specific formatting required for the actual content of the "portlet" (module or widget).