Work of Art Examples
This page documents examples on html markup of work of art information on the web.
Current practice for the xhtml presentation of works of art is characterized by extensive use of non-semantic presentational markup. There is little consensus on HTML tags or class names (when class names are used). See the following list of museum artwork information pages. View source for markup examples.
- Abend Gallery
- Camera Obscura Gallery
- Guggenheim Collection
- Havu Gallery
- Library of Congress American Memory Project
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Gallery of Victoria Example for possible integration other microformats?
- Peabody Essex Museum
- SFMoMA (provides metadata using meta tags in head)
- State of Flux currently uses hCalendar for events
- UCLA Hammer Museum
- Yale Art Gallery