X2V is one of the main microformats Microformats Implementations. The code is managed in an x2v hg repository. Brian Suda and DanC are starting to track issues here. See #microformats discussion 20 Dec.
tips for reporting X2V issues
- The URL of the page you are attempting to convert with X2V
- An X2V conversion URL that takes that URL in (1) and escapes it and attempts to convert it
- The problematic line(s) of .vcf or .ics code
- The expected line(s) of .vcf or .ics code
- A link/citation to the respective hCard 1.0 or hCalendar 1.0 spec (or other related document like hCard parsing or icalendar-implementations) which documents the expected behavior.
If you can provide all five of these items in your issue/bug report then it will greatly accelerate the X2V developer(s) tracking down (reproducing) the problem, and hopefully fixing it.
`<section>` is not recognized as a valid vcard container
x2v does not recognize vcards if their containing element is an HTML5 `<section>` element.
<section class='vcard'> ... </section>
However, if the element is a `<div>`, all is well.
X2V's php does not correctly check for content-encodings.
- Please provide URL to example with content-encoding that X2V supposedly does not correctly check. Suggest REJECT NO EXAMPLE GIVEN. Tantek 07:56, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
FN ORG incomplete
FN == ORG (i don't think) is complete
- Please provide URL to example that shows X2V's implementation of FN == ORG is incomplete. Suggest REJECT NO EXAMPLE GIVEN. Tantek 07:56, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
XSLT case-conversion on Nodes
Firefox seems to convert nodes to uppercase when using local-name(.) and name(.). This can be solved by switching to self::
The downside is that then it will not extract the node name from ANY namespace, but a specific one.
language for X-WR-CALNAME
The X-WR-CALNAME is a widely supported extension property of VCALENDAR that stores the calendar title. It does not currently have a LANGUAGE attribute. It's value is meant to be human readable, so maybe it should.
<html lang=en> <head> <title>My calendar</title> </head> <body class=vcalendar>...</body> </html>
yields something like
BEGIN:VCALENDAR X-WR-CALNAME:My calendar ... END:VCALENDAR
The second line should read
No support for AGENT
Doesn't seem to support agent at all -- either as a human-readable string nor as a nested hCard. E-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc which are part of the agent's vcard are treated as belonging to the main contact.
What is the expected .vcf output? Tantek
X2V failed trailing slash in rel-tag (this is now fixed).
- hCard 1.0
- hCard Implementations
- vcard-implementations for how particular vCard implementations (e.g. clients) have problems with any standard vCard properties or values.
- hCalendar 1.0
- hCalendar Implementations
- icalendar-implementations for how particular iCalendar implementations (e.g. clients) have problems with any standard iCalendar properties or values.
- Microformats Implementations