[microformats-dev] hCa* follow links

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Tue Oct 4 13:37:00 PDT 2005

What's really happening here is that we are starting to treat html
pages as data.  I see no problem giving a hint as to what is at the
other end of a link.

One small thought on autodiscovery.  Microformats don't have the
discovery framework of say webservices.  However, microformats do
identify themselves via their enclosing elements.  Could one fake
autodiscovery by declaring webservices that take data structures of
type whatever-the-microformat-enclosing-element-is and then providing
services based on a well-defined interface. ?The trick would be to
have a microformat registry or federation of registries that would
identify these enclosing elements.  I started a bit down this path
with a greasemonkey script I defined in august.

Bud