[uf-dev] hAtom and Geo microformats

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:24:59 PST 2006

Recently i read an article on radar.oreilly.com[1] that talked about
GeoRSS. This is basically using namespaces to add an additional element
to each <item> in the form of <geo:Point>.

With both an hAtom microformat and a geo microformat it could be
possible to encode both into HTML and transform that to Atom XML.

Should/Can a transforming application consider additional information
within the HTML file when producing output? It is really moving into the
GRDDL, RDF realm of mixing vocabularies. Is this something that should
be mentioned, condoned, encouraged?

I would like to see the mixing of vocabularies in the output, (both Atom
and GeoRSS and others). I think it is acceptable, but i think it is up
to the transforming application to include or not. This is really more
of a "power user" issue than a microformat at large issue.

We need not press the issue, i thought it important to document the
question here on the mailing list in case it pops-up in the future.

[1] -
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/02/google_maps_extension_for_geor.html

-brian