[uf-dev] hCard test 21: multiple 'value' values

Drew McLellan lists at allinthehead.com
Wed Jun 21 03:47:09 PDT 2006

I'm trying to figure out how best to get hKit to deal with hCard test
21.
http://microformats.org/tests/hcard/21-tel.html

Specifically, the final phone number is broken up into multiple
values. hKit is currently treating them as multiple values, but the
test vCard concats them into one. Current hKit behaviour:

Array (
     [type] => Array
         (
             [0] => msg
             [1] => home
             [2] => work
             [3] => pref
             [4] => voice
             [5] => fax
             [6] => cell
             [7] => video
             [8] => pager
             [9] => bbs
             [10] => car
             [11] => isdn
             [12] => pcs
         )

     [value] => Array
         (
             [0] => +1
             [1] => 415
             [2] => 555
             [3] => 1233
         )

)

The vCard spec is impenetrable to my puny mind, but I'm guessing it
allows for only a single value per type. In the spirit of being
liberal in what we receieve, I can't help but worry that
concatinating the values might destroy useful, although flagrantly
marked-up data. After all, each value in the test is valid input for
a telephone number.

Am I worrying too much? Should I just splat an multiple 'value'
values into one string and be done with it?

drew.