[uf-dev] $PRODID$ normalization [was: hCard test 30...]

brian suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:37:15 PDT 2006

Any application that is using the Test Suite will have different PRODIDs
and different SOURCE values. So in the test suites we used $PRODID$
which is replaced by the string in the /bin/test-xlstproc.pl so you can
customize it for your applications output.

We are DIFF'ing the output from xsltproc (or other applications) to the
.vcf files. If someone uses their own application it will have a
different string for the value of PRODID, so instead of hard-coding a
valued in the .vcf files and then during DIFF throwing errors, we used a
variable $PRODID$ which is swapped out so the diff doesn't fail.

does that make more sense? maybe we are talking about two different
things? I'll be around on IRC <abbr title="2006-06-21">today</abbr> that
might clear-up any confusion faster.

-brian