[uf-dev] an hCard profile that seems to work with GRDDL

Dan Connolly connolly at w3.org
Wed Mar 8 15:05:24 PST 2006

So I took the hcard profile
  http://www.microformats.org/wiki/hcard-profile
and unquoted the markup and put it in the web at:
  http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard

then I added GRDDL stuff to connect it to Norm Walsh's
http://norman.walsh.name/2005/12/12/examples/hcard2rdf.xsl

and it seems to work in at least 2 cases: my list
of events/appearances:
  http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/events/
and example 1 from the hcard spec:
  http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard-ex1.html

where "work" means that I can get RDF triples out
using GRDDL-happy tools and services like
 http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo
 http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2005/ajar/ajaw/tab
 http://www.w3.org/2003/g/glean.py

Next steps include:
 - making a revision of hcard2rdf.xsl that
  uses URIs from the profile, i.e.
  http://www.w3.org/2006/03/hcard#fn
rather than URIs from nwalsh.com, i.e.
  http://nwalsh.com/rdf/vCard#fn

 - working on a profile for hReview that integrates
  with this hCard profile.

p.s. did everybody hear about the microformats
panel at the W3C techn plenary last week?

Microformats voted best session at W3C Technical Plenary Day!
http://microformats.org/blog/2006/03/02/microformats-voted-best-session-at-w3c-technical-plenary-day/

<- Reflections on the W3C Technical Plenary week
   http://dig.csail.mit.edu/breadcrumbs/node/92

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E