[uf-dev] Re: [uf-discuss] Two include-pattern questions

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:02:37 PDT 2006

there are also a few other outstanding issues on how/what is exactly included.

Senario I

This senario takes id="var1" and takes that branch of the tree and
inserts it as a CHILD of the 'a' element. Therefore you would extract
the vcard with an fn.

Senario II

The second senario id="var2" REPLACES the 'a' element, therefore, you
need to have your class values as children of id="var2"

Obviously, there are issues with both. along with things like this:

Senario III

what happens here? it depends on if the included text is a child, or
replaces, and/or if we want to allow something like this?

I suggest that if this is going to get more technical, we take it to
the dev-list.

-brian

On 9/15/06, David Janes <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> I'm working on an implementation in Python and I have a couple of
> questions that affect the complexity of the implementation.
>
> (1)
> Should all microformat parsers be looking for class="include" in any
> (non-rel) microformat, or is it a universal option that will always be
> there?
>
> (2)
> Are multiple levels of including allowed, or rather since it's not
> forbidden, _should_ it be allowed?
>
> Regards, etc...
> David

brian suda