[uf-dev] Converting Geo waypoints to GPX for transfer to GPS units (was: Wanted: On-line parser for Geo)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Apr 3 11:53:36 PDT 2007

In message <4EhkIUHozqCGFw0F at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, Andy Mabbett
<andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> writes

>In message
><21e770780703280458n1af169a6p69a3ab2c0d12d7a2 at mail.gmail.com>, Brian
>Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> writes

>>what sort of output are you looking for? JSON, XML,
>>serialized PHP, other?
>
>HTML

(Postscript)

Also GPX:

        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPX>

        "GPS eXchange Format is an XML schema designed for transferring
        GPS data between software applications. It can be used to
        describe waypoints, tracks, and routes."

        <http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp>

I think being able to "move" places from a website onto a GPS device,
via GPX (which seems widely supported), is likely to be the "killer
application" for Geo. (I've also suggested GPX to Mike Kaply, for use by
Operator).

--
Andy Mabbett