[uf-dev] nested @class="value" properties

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Feb 1 10:08:51 PST 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 6:32 PM, Derrick Lyndon Pallas wrote:

> I asked about this in IRC today and Tantek asked me to send an
> email to the list. The question is: is @class="value" recursive.
> For instance,

>          quux
>
> In this example, is the value of property "foo quux bar" or just
> "foo bar"? Personally, I would expect it to be "foo bar" because
> that's what I'd expect from the following fragment:

See, I would expect it to bee "foo quux bar", because all three are
text nodes of a node that has @class="value".

I don't know if value excerpting should be recursive or not, because
I don't know how authors would expect it to work. Do you have any
examples from the wild of recursive value excerpting?

-ryan

--
Ryan King
ryan at technorati.com