[uf-dev] Re: [uf-discuss] The UI of microformat detection

Alex Faaborg faaborg at mozilla.com
Mon Feb 5 16:06:58 PST 2007

> Would it possible/practical to have a configurable "post this
> microformat" option.

Yeah, that is the general model we are going for.  In the mockups I
primarily show client side apps, but they could just as well be Web
apps (some of the google services I show in the mockups are), and the
entire framework will be completely extensible.

> I could post a hAtom entry to by
> blogging service that would preformat a blog post referencing it

I'm not sure if we are going to have native support for hAtom
detection, since only a limited number of Firefox users are also
active bloggers, but this would be a great extension for people who
do blog.

We are however thinking about how we can extend text areas to include
inline microformat creators, and Tantek suggested that these might
have access to all of the microformats you have run into recently,
saying "it would be cool if browser already knew all of your recent
proper nouns."  So for instance if you are blogging about an event
you are about to attend, you could easily add the hCalendar entry for
the event to your post.

-Alex