[uf-dev] hCard DoB -> calendar apps

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Mar 23 05:04:38 PST 2007

In message <A2C28C3D-39A7-413C-B6EA-34B99ECF53D1 at randomchaos.com>, Scott
Reynen <scott at randomchaos.com> writes

>>> Are there any hCard parsers, which will add a name/ DoB pair from an
>>> hCard, to a calendar application, as a recurring iCalendar event?

>A third alternative would be to treat it as the responsibility (and
>authority) of the publisher, who could markup the birthday as a
>repeating event with hCalendar.

I thought the order of priority was to have the work done:

   1.   By the parser

   2.   By the publisher

   3.   By the user

Isn't that one of the "principles"? If not, I think it should be.

Consider it as:

   1.   ~10 hour's work by the parser author, now (sorry, Mr Kaply!)

   2.   ~10,000,000 hours work by publishers, for ever

   3.   ~100,000,000 hours work by users, for ever

Joking aside, do any parser authors have a view?

--
Andy Mabbett
                 <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>

                    Welcome to the world's longest week!