[uf-dev] Wanted: On-line parser for Geo

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:58:07 PST 2007

On 3/28/07, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message
> <21e770780703280349w69eb0a00u478671e5e863c4cd at mail.gmail.com>, Brian
> Suda <brian.suda at gmail.com> writes
>
> >> Are there any on-line parsers for Geo?
> >
> >if you have a look on the GEO wiki page, there is a list of implementations[1].
>
> >[1] - http://microformats.org/wiki/geo#Implementations
>
> Thank you; I looked at that, and found none, before asking here.

http://suda.co.uk/projects/microformats/geo/ is on the list on the
wiki and seems to work just fine for me. What exactly do you MEAN when
you say parser? that service will parse the HTML into KML and GeoRSS
formats - what sort of output are you looking for? JSON, XML,
serialized PHP, other?

Also, if you find services that are no longer online, please note this
on the wiki so others don't have the same problems later.

thanks,
-brian

--
brian suda