[uf-dev] hRecipe Mockup

Lee Jordan lee.jordan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:24:30 PST 2008

Hi folks,
I'm new around these parts. I thought I might have a go at marking up
a recipe with a possible hRecipe.

It's just an example, with measurements marked up as such which means
they can be converted, click the convert link by the measure
convention information. The JS conversion script I wrote is very
buggy, I did have it converting back to metric based on what a certain
abbr tag was set to, it's proof of concept only. Tried to add other
existing microformats in there too, even some of the text has em tags
to emphasise parts of instructions, styled to be more readable too! I
think hmeasure is going to be very useful, for currency, temperature
and so forth. The number of times I've seen oven temperatures written
in three formats, well I think hmeasure could really help. Any news on
work on hmeasure?

I've added a couple of non-spec bits:
* measure-convention to aid conversions
* dietry-suitable and equally dietry-unsuitable as dietry I thought
didn't mean anything!
* duration <- it's not in a vevent block but borrows its design, only
having one instance of duration was restrictive.

Here's the example: http://www.leejordan.org.uk/microformats/hrecipe/

The recipie is CC-AttibSA, it's my own apple crumble, but the code I'm
happy to be public domain. Any feedback welcome and I work these
suggestions in. I've tried to reuse as many existing microformats as
possible the code is clunky and the styling a bit basic.

Many Thanks
Lee

--
HTML | CSS | Javascript