[uf-dev] JSON representation of semantic objects

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Jan 4 13:12:39 PST 2008

ryan wrote:
> We already have JSON for hreview in the test suite. I'd be willing to
> create JSON for hCard and hCalendar, too. In fact, I've done it before
> several times (not publicly available), so its just a matter of writing
> it all down.

That would be really helpful! Could you do it in this style, just so we
can provide similar pages for all Microformats when/if the time comes?:

http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio-serialization

I've put a bit of work into mapping hCard to/from Vcard RDF, here:

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/Mapping-ufs-to-rdfa#hCard_uF_and_vCard_RDFa

There is also a section on mapping hCalender to/from Vevent RDF, here:

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/Mapping-ufs-to-rdfa#hCalendar_uF_and_vCal_RDFa

I don't know if you mean JSON-RDF or just a pure JSON representation of
a Microformatted object? Both are provided for the haudio-serialization
page, but we really should get behind one as a community. The JSON-RDF
approach seems to be the right solution because it doesn't loose any
data, but saying that now may be putting the cart before the horse...

-- manu