[uf-dev] Using class for non-human data

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 08:42:59 PDT 2008

On 23/06/2008, Glenn Jones <glenn.jones at madgex.com> wrote:

>  The following may of been easier for authors to understand?

>  The use of {} for data is becoming more popular with OpenSearch etc. It
>  directly links the property and value.

Merging it like that wouldn't be ideal for styling (we did toy with
the idea of dstart-2005-10-10T10:10:10-0100, for example).

The data- prefix would make the same data available to more than one
attribute too - rather than having to repeat the same data more than
once if it happens to be in the same element.

I'm not sure if it's really easier to understand, to be honest.

--
Frances Berriman
http://fberriman.com