[uf-dev] SEO and abbr

Lee Jordan lee.jordan at gmail.com
Wed May 14 01:55:21 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

I've been adding more and more mF's to the sites that I work on
professionally and have come across a snag with the abbr-design pattern,
just wondering if anyone else has come across the following issue? If so how
it was resolved, I presume by not using abbr but using span instead. I've
used hcalendar to mark up some dates but in a search engines results page,
the title of the abbr tag has been included in the results decription text
which makes the date look messy.

It seems Google in particular indexes the title tag.
Just raising this as I've just noticed it so we can be aware of the issue.

Many Thanks
Lee

--
HTML | CSS | Javascript