[uf-dev] SEO and abbr

Sarven Capadisli csarven at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:46:00 PDT 2008

Here is one example:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=microformats+introduction

Look for "sarven". Shows description as:
"24 Jan 2008 ... An introduction to microformats: what they are, why
we need them and briefly how to use them."

It *appears* to be that this happens when the description is less then
150 characters and they fill in the available space with the timestamp
if and only if a new sentence doesn't fit.

Here is another example:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=three+significant+modes

Which doesn't include the timestamp.

And:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=irc+social+networking+platform

Which doesn't include the second sentence but fills it in with the timestamp.

Sarven Capadisli
http://www.csarven.ca