[uf-dev] Django and Microformats

Nicholas Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Sun Apr 19 08:55:38 PDT 2009

Guys,

I’ve just created a new Django application that makes it easier to
integrate and use Microformats in your web-application. I’m hosting it
on GitHub:

http://github.com/ntoll/microformats/tree/master

You get the following:

     * Models relating to the geo, hCard, adr, hCalendar and XFN
microformats.
     * Simplified forms for the geo, hCard, adr, org, email, tel and
hCalendar microformats and fragments.
     * The bare minimum admin functionality.
     * Template filters for the geo, hCard, adr, hCalendar and XFN
microformats.

This is a first shot at integrating Microformats into Django. There
are missing microformats and I’m pretty sure some of the models could
be improved as could the template filters. Inevitably the code needs
to be cleaned up too. I’ll be using this library in a new web-
application so expect this code to change as I find flaws and gremlins
through using it “in anger”.

Feedback would be most welcome.

Nicholas.