[uf-dev] hReview creator broken :-(

Nicholas Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Wed May 13 02:07:14 PDT 2009

Guys,

Not sure if this already a known issue (Googling for "hReview creator
broken" doesn't return anything useful) but I've just noticed that the
hReview creator (http://microformats.org/code/hreview/creator) doesn't
work correctly.

With the latest version of Firefox I only see numbers (instead of
stars) in the rating dropdown and in the code I get the following:

<abbr class="rating" title="4">function rating_stars(rating) {
     var stars = [];
     for (i = 0; i &lt; 5; i++) {
         if (i &lt; rating) {
             stars += String.fromCharCode(parseInt("2605", 16));
         } else {
             stars += String.fromCharCode(parseInt("2606", 16));
         }
     }
     return stars;
}</abbr>

In Safari I see the (obviously correct) stars in the rating dropdown
but none of the dynamic updating works and clicking "Build It!"
produces a blank form.

Only in Opera does the thing appear to work.

As I'm on OS X I'm not sure how IE deals with it.

With the recent Google related interest in uFormats I reckon many more
people will be finding this page... :-/

Best wishes,

Nicholas.