[uf-dev] HTML::Microformats 0.00_08

Tantek Celik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 29 19:18:03 PDT 2010

This is great news - thanks Toby!

In answer to your question:

>  I'd like a bit of feedback here: right now I'm looking at the Atom <content> element, but would
<summary> make more sense?

In my opinion <content> if it is there, and if not, then <summary>.

Anecdotally on feeds with both, I have often seen <summary> used with a short bit of plain text, with richer, more structured/semantic markup in the <content>.

Make sense?

This is a good question and I think it is worth writing up in a page on the wiki like:

http://microformats.org/wiki/atom-faq

Or perhaps in a new "Atom" section on

http://microformats.org/wiki/parsing

(Nice work on http://microformats.org/wiki/parsing-brainstorming btw - I just re-read it.)