[microformats-discuss] Re: xEntry: a proposal for a microformat for weblog entries

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Thu Aug 11 07:12:28 PDT 2005

David:

Here's a practical solution.  Work this out to serve your needs.  Do
some research to see what other solutions are there.  For instance,
sixapart has a very protean version of this in their default blogging
template. Steve Mallet, creator of de.lirio.us has encountered this
same issue.  Then, write up a brief spec like you see on
microformats.org with a nutshell justification.  Finally, publicize
that for comment.

Expect to change a lot.

My personal view is that this could be of value but will likely be
hard to get right.  Re-use standard approaches as much as you can.

Bud

>>> biog.htm">Danny</a>@13:45 | <a href="http://dannyayers.com/..."
>>> With xEntry markup (I've made all the xEntry markup uppercase for
>>> _visibility purposes only_; note the optional use of <abbr> to
>>> provide deeper data): <div class="XENTRY post"> <h3
>>> class="storytitle" id="post-2960"> <a href="http://dannyayers.com/
>>> archives/2005/08/03/httptracer/" class="TITLE ID" rel="bookmark"
>>> title="Permanent Link: HTTPTracer">HTTPTracer</a> </h3> <div
>>> class="metabits"> <div class="keywords"> <a href="http://
>>> dannyayers.com/misc/about/biog.htm"><abbr class="AUTHOR"
>>> title="Danny Ayers">Danny</abbr></a>@<abbr class="PUBLISHED"
>>> title="2005-08-03T11:45:02Z">13:45</abbr> | <a href="http://