[microformats-discuss] Weblog entries and forum posts

Geoffrey Glass geof at geof.net
Thu Aug 11 10:37:15 PDT 2005

Hello David,

I'm very interested in a microformat for forum posts, which I think have
virtually the same requirements as blog posts.  While I haven't thought
of any significant differences, someone else might.

In my case, I need hooks for Javascript to extract information from
forum posts in order to support annotation and contextualized copy-paste
operations for individual posts on a page [1].  In future, I see this
kind of functionality could be external to a web application (e.g. in a
browser extension), but for that we need a standard.  Your sample format
would satisfy me, as it has all the necessary properties (content,
title, author, date, url), and is very close to the Atom-based format I
am currently using.

Geof

[1] http://www.geof.net/code/annotation/