Blog post format challenge (was Re: [microformats-discuss] Weblog entries and forum posts)

Robert Bachmann rbach at rbach.priv.at
Sun Aug 14 03:16:21 PDT 2005

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> Prove your commitment to working on a blog post microformat based on valid
> semantic XHTML by exemplifying it.
>

> 1. Make sure your blog validates.
>
> That's two things actually.  First, start a blog yourself!
>
> There are at least two folks participating in this discussion thread who
> themselves do not have blogs!
>
> What are you thinking?
>
> Microformats are based on practical, first-hand experience.  Theoreticians
> and academics need not apply.
>
> You've got until your next post on this thread to start a blog and post a
> few times before you get called on it.

Tantek, no offense meant but that sounds a little harsh to me.
I agree that having a blog is very, very benefiting when you are about
to work on a blog posting format, but you can also have valuable
experience of existing practice just from reading blogs.

I don't understand why someone *must* have a blog to be allowed to take
part into this discussion.

For example I don't have a blog but I participated with comments/ideas
to the discussion on the blog _description_ format. I think that (at
least) one of these ideas[1] made sense and could be beneficial.

Robert

[1]
http://rbach.priv.at/Misc/2005/BlogDescriptionMicroformat/ExamplesForBrainstorming.html#example2
(The "blueprint" for Björn's real world example on his blog:
http://www.bs-markup.de/info.php)
--
Robert Bachmann <rbach at rbach.priv.at> (OpenPGP KeyID: 0x4A5CCF10)