[microformats-discuss] Evaulating RSS per the microformats principles.

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Aug 15 03:20:19 PDT 2005

There's no technical reasons, except:

(1) now people have to change their software to generate RSS archives
(2) a pointer spec has to be made to go from the HTML archive to the
corresponding RSS archive
(3) RSS is primarily a transport layer and incidently a metadata
container; the primary joy of webpages is in the HTML part -- why move
the metadata elsewhere

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com