[microformats-discuss] microformat-find (greasemonkey): hcalendar

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Aug 15 04:25:59 PDT 2005

I've made a few changes to the "microformat-find" Greasemonkey script
(which I really encourage you all to try if you haven't already to see
what I'm on about). I've fixed up some bugs dealing with long text lines
and add a "hcalendar/vcalendar" parser.

The microformat-find script is available here:
http://www.blogmatrix.com/include/microformat-find.user.js

In my opinion, this is not quite as useful as some of the other
microformat handlers, because almost all calendar providing apps also
provide the underlying vcalendar data. I haven't been able to test this
very well because I don't have a calendar app. I tried using "Mozilla
Sunbird" but it doesn't seem to register for the MIME types.

To be done:
- it depends on the dates being correct in the "title" fields. Not a
great idea.
- it should detect and use internal hcards to provide better address
information
- it works at the "vevent" level, not at the "vcalendar" level -- it
needs to work at both

URIs to try on:
- http://evdb.com/events/E0-001-000276099-2
... note "hcard" on the same page; we should use this better
- http://www.blogbusinesssummit.com/details.htm
- http://suw.org.uk/archives/category/events/
- http://upcoming.org/event/18869/
... note the crappiness in the address ...

Regards, etc...
David
http://www.blogmatrix.com