[microformats-discuss] Blog post format thoughts on xentry: entrylink, id, updated

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 16 04:08:00 PDT 2005

On 8/16/05 3:52 AM, "David Janes -- BlogMatrix" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com>
wrote:

> We all are planning to do everything proper to make sure we not only
> have paper trail of what we looked at, but to get buy in from
> potentially affected parties.

The point is not buy-in.

The point is making sure you're building to current behaviors rather than
coming up with a new behavior.

The only way to do that is to FIRST document current behaviors, which no-one
in this discussion has yet done.

> I understand your concerns.

Actually, I don't think you do.  If your had, you would have spent even a
fraction of the words in email traffic instead on the wiki documenting the
necessary background research.

> The point of the discussion over the last 4
> days is to explore the whole concept of what ia a blog posting
> micrformat,

It is a waste of time to explore the concept without first documenting
*real-world* examples of existing *content* and *formats*.

  http://microformats.org/wiki/blog-post-examples

  http://microformats.org/wiki/blog-post-formats

Thanks,

Tantek