[microformats-discuss] Microformat validation

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Wed Aug 24 07:02:56 PDT 2005

On Aug 22, 2005, at 13:20, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Ah, sorry - I meant to say there *is* quite a lot of the RDF that
> would be needed available already, and the machinery is available off
> the shelf . Some of the XSLT from microformat to RDF/XML is still
> lacking, as are the little bits of glue code.

This is probably a great project to do.  We've been working on the
more nitty gritty "What are use cases where we think this should work
but it breaks" kind of validation.  Some of that has to do with
requirements set out in the formal spec.  Some of it has to do with
requirements that were implicit.

In my experience with validation and RESTful API development, formal
validation becomes increasingly possible as the interface becomes
more widely used.  Essentially, the process of gaining adoption leads
to iteratively more explicit requirements statements which are easier
and easier to formalize.

Bud