[microformats-discuss] hSpec

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 26 16:38:21 PDT 2005

On 8/26/05 12:52 PM, "Mark Pilgrim" <pilgrim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
>>> I've been thinking about creating hSpec, a microformat based on RFC
>>> 2629 http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2629.html
>>
>> I personally would love to see this!
>>
>> Are there other RFC-like documents that should be part of the
>> "examples"?
>> *microformats: e.g., http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar
>> * W3C notes: e.g., http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/
>> * OASIS specifications: e.g., http://docbook.org/specs/cs-docbook-
>> simple-1.1.html
>
> I poked around w3.org and found a "template for submission request to
> W3C": http://www.w3.org/Submission/1996/Template/.  Don't know if
> there's anything more recent.

There is a set of class names that the W3C CSS working group uses to markup
the "source" of CSS working group specifications.  That "source" is actually
valid HTML4, but is run through a script to produce the final specification
output.

For those of you that have W3C member access, you can take a look at:

 http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/css3-template/Overview.src.html

 http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css2-src/DOC/CONVENTIONS

For those without W3C member access, I'm looking into getting those
conventions published somewhere publicly.

> And of course DocBook is the greatest thing ever invented, and I would
> love to see someone recreate it in XHTML.  Specifically, someone else.

Hah! Mark, you forgot the </sarcasm> tag (start tag is always implied).

Tantek