[microformats-discuss] hOffer

trevor at junkstream.com trevor at junkstream.com
Sat Aug 27 09:47:20 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I wanted to see if any work has been done on a microformat for
describing offers (e.g. For Sale, Wanted). New to the list, but haven't
come across anything in this area.

Here's the basic problem: offer metadata (e.g. Title, Description,
Price, Contact Info) is typically stored in non-semantic markup and
moved around in proprietary feed formats. Commerce is becoming more
decentralized, so an open standard for simple distributed offers would
be increasingly valuable.

Much of the work done on hCard and hReview could probably be reused,
with a minimal number of new elements. If there's sufficient interest,
I can put together an examples page to get things started.

Thoughts?

--
Trevor O'Reilly
trevor at junkstream.com